Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 19, 2015

Cultural Respect For The Dying and Deceased Along With The Family Members

After the death of a close loved one I assume it is normal to miss them for the rest of our lives but nevertheless life goes on and we function. But during the process of dying and the beginning grieving period after death it seems to me like it would be disrespectful to both the dying and deceased family member along with their loved ones for someone to purposely and knowingly drum up drama.


I dont know what kind of karma befalls someone who uses an elders dying process and death as a way to purposely drum up yet more drama and trouble with the deceased's family members but I assume it isn't good.


No human is perfect and that includes my recently deceased father. But even though my Dad wasn't perfect he was good and loved his children. Throughout my pre-teen years my Dad would say prayers and blessings over me as I slept. One time I just happened to wake up when he was praying. I held real still pretending to still be asleep. I heard him naming off his children, my mom, his mother, grandchildren, other family members and others,but he especially named off and prayed for his children as he whispered prayers to The Creator God.
I remember laying there feeling so very loved and cherished to be special enough to have a prayer worrior Daddy interceding for me and my siblings.
His prayers were powerful enough when he was alive but now that he is in Heaven and in the presence of God his interceding's for me (and other family members) are very powerful and being heard well.
By the time Dad was born many Native Americans had been abandoning their traditions in order to live the white way in hopes that they and their children would not be hounded and horribly treated. So as a result my Dad's childhood was not full of native traditions but it still had some and was incorporated in with the white culture. Plus his mother was white.
His Dad's side was Cherokee. The Cherokee have been known over the centuries to be one of the more spiritual tribes. Strangely many of the old Cherokee traditions and stories were similar to that of the Jewish culture. There is supposed to be a genetic link between the Cherokees and Jews.
In both the Cherokee and Jewish cultures it was (and still is in some areas) common for the older folks to be revered and treated with respect both before and after death. To purposely and mannishly make trouble during their dying process and during the grieving process for the family of the departed loved one is probably not a good thing in the eyes of the Lord. It does not matter how guilty or innocent the family and its members may or may not be, it still is not a good idea to cause issues.
It was bad enough that in December 2013 someone heartlessly called my ailing Dad and said something along the lines of "your daughter ran off and died." That instantly worried my Dad and broke his heart as he cried. That was not just childish to do to him but was also extremely evil and disrespectful to do to an elder. It is demonic. It is wrong. It is hard to forgive.
May those who truly loved and respected my Dad be blessed. Selah.





No comments: